AirPods being an Apple accessory doesn’t mean it won’t be compatible with non-Apple devices. You can use AirPods with Android smartphones, Windows PC, and other devices that support Bluetooth connectivity!
While using AirPods on Apple devices isn’t a new thing, a lot of Chromebook users have lately shown interest in connecting AirPods to Chromebook.
Of course, that’s possible but most of them aren’t sure about how they can connect AirPods to a Chromebook. Before we move on with the guide, let’s first understand whether AirPods are compatible with Chromebook or not.
- Are AirPods Compatible with Chromebook?
- How to Connect AirPods to a Chromebook?
- How to Disconnect AirPods from a Chromebook?
- 3 Ways to Fix My AirPods Aren’t Connecting to Chromebook?
- Closing Thoughts!
Are AirPods Compatible with Chromebook?
AirPods are compatible with Chromebook as Bluetooth is used to connect both the devices with each other. Yes, you heard that right, AirPods work perfectly with Chromebook just like it does with any Apple device!
A lot of users are often confused when it comes to pairing AirPods with non-Apple devices. But it isn’t that complicated to be honest!
The overall process of connecting AirPods to a Chromebook is very much similar to connecting any Bluetooth headphone to your Chromebook.
So without further ado, let’s see how you can do it!
How to Connect AirPods to a Chromebook?
- On your Chromebook, click on the Network icon at the lower-right corner of your screen and click on the Bluetooth option. If it’s turned off, make sure you turn it ON!
- Now, open your AirPods case to make it visible while your Chromebook’s Bluetooth searches for the devices around it.
- If the AirPods is not showing up, press the button on the back of your AirPods case to make it visible. It will blink a white light in between AirPods on your AirPods case meaning that it’s ready for pairing.
- Next, click on your AirPods name (Pixel Buds in this case) from the list of Bluetooth devices visible on your Chromebook.
- This will now pair your AirPods and Chromebook and will pop-up a notification at the bottom of the screen reading “Bluetooth device ‘Your AirPods Name’ has been paired and is now available to all users. You may remove this pairing using Settings.”
The method to connect AirPods to a Chromebook is the same for all Chromebook irrespective of brand you’re using.
Note: All the above images are captured from this YouTube Video.
How to Disconnect AirPods from a Chromebook?
You can disconnect AirPods from your Chromebook in two ways.
1st Method: Turn off your Bluetooth on your Chromebook to unpair AirPods!
2nd Method: Press and Hold the Pair button on the back of your AirPods case!
Any of the methods should work fine if you wish to disconnect AirPods from your Chromebook.
While connecting AirPods to Chromebook is a smooth process and not that technical, a lot of users face issues to do the same due to some or the other reasons.
3 Ways to Fix My AirPods Aren’t Connecting to Chromebook?
Let us see some of the possible reasons why AirPods won’t connect to Chromebook and solutions for the same.
These solutions can also be tried if you’re connecting AirPods to Chromebook and it shows “authentication failed,” “connected but no sound and keep disconnecting” error on your screen.
#1. Turn Off Bluetooth on Rest of the Devices!
If you’re using AirPods with your iPhone or MacBook often, it’s possible that AirPods are paired with one of those devices.
To fix the issue, turn off the Bluetooth on all the devices other than AirPods and Chromebook. This should certainly allow you to pair AirPods with your Chromebook smoothly.
#2. Reset your AirPods!
Place your AirPods in the case, close the case, and hold the pair button on the back for at least 15 seconds. This will now ensure that your AirPods are reset. To confirm the same, watch out for the lights inside the case that turn flash amber and green.
#3. Pair AirPods to Other Devices and then Pair it with Chromebook!
This might sound a little awkward but at times, it works like a charm! To get rid of AirPods not connecting to Chromebook, you can pair your AirPods to some other device first, unpair it, and then try to pair it with Chromebook to see if it works.
This actually worked for a lot of users and who knows, it might work well for you too! Do give it a try!
If none of the fixes are working for you and you’re not able to connect AirPods to Chromebook, you can connect with Apple Support or the respective Chromebook support.
One of the other ways is to purchase alternative earbuds that are budget-friendly and work perfectly with your Chromebook too. It can be of any brand but it must support Bluetooth connectivity or you can go with wired headphones to be on a safer side!
While the AirPods sound quality is unbeatable on Chromebook, you can always look for better alternatives if it’s not pairing up.
But we’re sure that it’s not bound to happen as we’ve explained the detailed guide on connecting the AirPods to Chromebook in a simple way!