Tried connecting your brand new headset to your PlayStation for your next battle royale but teammates are complaining that they can’t hear you? Well, you have probably missed enabling your microphone, or you are using the wrong set of headphones.
You can use any set of headphones that have a stereo jack to the bottom of the PlayStation4 controller and listen to the gameplay through the controller via the headset and not bother anyone around you. This also transfers over to using it as a mic as well as a headset for online play. Please note that you cannot use a Bluetooth headset with the PlayStation4 because of the audio latency issues. If you try to connect your Bluetooth headphones to the controller using an external Bluetooth adapter, you will experience a delay in the gameplay audio.
Here are a few simple steps to help you enable the microphone on your PS4.
- Take either the PlayStation set of headsets or any stereo set of headsets.
- Plug it to the bottom of the PlayStation4 controller.
- Turn on PS4 and navigate to the settings.
- You will see a set of options on your screen.
- Click on ‘Devices’.
- Choose ‘Audio Devices’
- Click on ‘Output Device’.
Make sure your Input Device is also set to Headset Connected to Controller.
- Choose ‘Headset Connected to Controller’.
- Come back to the previous page and choose ‘All Audio’ to interact and listen to the game being played through your headset. If you don’t want to hear the entire multiplayer game being played, you can choose ‘Chat Audio’ and chat through your headphones with your teammates.
Video Clip1: Watch here.
Enabling Phone Microphone for PS4
Do you know you can also use your phone as a microphone while playing on PS4? Here’s how you can achieve that:
1. Download and install the PS4 Remote Play app from Play Store(Android) or App Store(iOS)
2. Launch PS4 on your computer and head to Settings.
3. Scroll down and click on Remote Play Connection Settings.
4. Click on Add Device and it will generate a unique code which you will require to pair your phone to the PS4.
5. Disconnect the controller from the computer and the next step is to pair the controller with your phone.
6. You will see a blinking light once they are paired.
7. Next, turn on the Bluetooth on your mobile and let it search for your PS4 controller.
8. Once connected, you will see a bright and solid color on your controller.
9. Launch the PS4 app and sign in if you are a first-time user.
10. Sometimes, it just takes forever to search for the PS4 so you can click on ‘Register Manually’.
When the next screen pops up, enter the code generated on your PS4.
11. Within a few seconds, you should be able to use your controller as well as phone to operate the PS4.
12. To access the microphone on your phone, simply go to settings on the PlayStation user interface on your phone and enable the ‘Microphone’ option.
13. Click OK when it asks if you would like the PS4 Remote Play app to access your microphone.
Video Clip2: Watch here.