If you are planning to no longer use your current Apple AirPods Pro and want to get a new pair of earbuds, you don’t necessarily have to throw them away. Instead, you can sell them and earn some money which may help you in your next earbuds purchase.
Where can I sell my AirPods Pro?
There are a lot of platforms and websites where you can sell your current AirPods Pro and get the right monetary value for them. Below, we have compiled a list of websites (platforms) where you can directly sell your current AirPods Pro and earn some money:
- eBay – for getting buyers within a quick time period.
- BuyBackWorld – for getting higher price quotes.
- ItsWorthMore – for getting competitive price quotes.
- 1GuyGdget – one of the safes used tech selling platforms.
- GadgetGoGo – for a variety of buyers to choose from.
How do I sell my Airpod Pro?
If you are planning to sell your AirPods Pro directly to an individual buyer, there are several approaches you can take which also depend on the platform you plan to choose.
Some selling platforms require you to ship your Apple AirPods Pro to them. And for doing this, we recommend following the steps below:
Step 1: Put your Airpods Pro inside the original packaging.
Step 2: It’s best to package your AirPods with bubble wrap to ensure uncompromised safety.
Step 3: The final packaging step is to put your AirPods Pro inside a cardboard box and seal it with tape. Taking this packaging step is especially important if you are shipping your AirPods Pro to a distant location.
How much can I sell my AirPods Pro for?
The monetary value (price quote) that you can get for your AirPods Pro completely depends on the current condition of your pair. The general rule of thumb is the better the quality of your AirPods Pro, the higher the value you will get.
Here are some of the important factors to consider in order to get the best value for your current AirPods Pro:
- Cleaning – it’s crucial to clean every part of your Apple AirPods Pro in order to make them look and feel as new as possible. We recommend using an electronic cleaning solvent to clean every intricate part of your Apple AirPods Pro, including the mesh soundhole grille.
- Including the invoice and warranty card – it’s a good step to include the invoice of your AirPods Pro that you got when first buying the pair. Also, if your AirPods Pro came with a warranty card, make sure to include it in the packaging to help your buyer stay protected and have peace of mind.
- Selling early – as it is with almost all tech products, including Apple products, current models lose their value when new models get released. Therefore, it’s best to sell your AirPods Pro as early as you can before Apple launches new AirPods Pro models.
Who can I sell my AirPods to?
You can sell your Apple AirPods Pro to either individual buyers or trade-in platforms. If you are planning to sell your current pair of AirPods Pro to an individual buyer, we recommend checking out the list of websites above.
However, if you do not want to take any risk and want to go for an official or certified trade-in platform, you can check out the list below:
- Apple Trade In – the official platform for recycling your AirPods Pro.
- Amazon Trade In – one of the best 3rd party platforms for trading in Apple products.
- Best Buy Trade In – another certified and reliable platform for trading in Apple products.
- BackFlip – a one-stop shop for selling various types of used electronics, including AirPods.
- 9TO5 Mac – a certified trade in platform for trading Apple tech accessories.
- BankMyCell – a good trade in platform to get attractive trade in price quotes.
How do I sell my Apple AirPods?
If you want to sell your current AirPods classic 1st generation or 2nd generation earbuds, we recommend following the same selling process that we have listed in this post. It’s also good to follow the same shipping process listed above.
How do I clear my AirPods before selling?
It’s important to clear your current Apple AirPods Pro from all the pairing lists of multiple devices. In order to do this, you have to reset the connectivity of the AirPods to factory settings. Check out the steps below in order to do this:
Step 1: Put both of the AirPods in the case while keeping the lid of the case open.
Step 2: Press and hold the setup button located at the back of the AirPods case.
Step 3: The LED light of the AirPods case should flash in red color and then turn back to white color.
Step 4: After this, your AirPods Pro will be reset to factory settings and cleared from all pairing lists.
Can I sell a single AirPod?
Yes. Despite the common misconception that you have to sell your AirPods in pairs, you definitely can sell even a single AirPod. However, one important factor to consider when planning to sell a single AirPod is you will only get half the monetary value of a full pair.
How much can I sell a single Airpod for?
The price that you can get for a single AirPod completely depends on its working and aesthetic condition. Similar to selling a full pair of AirPods, you will get a higher price value if your single AirPods is in mint condition and works as almost as new.
Expect to get a pricing range of around $40 to $50 for your single AirPod unit. Also, if you plan to sell your single AirPod unit along with the charging case, you can expect to get a price value close to $100.
This mainly has got to do with the fact charging cases (non-wireless and wireless) of Apple AirPods have a good value in the used electronics marketplaces.
Can I trade in my AirPods for AirPod pros?
No. With Apple’s official Trade In platform, you cannot trade your 1st or 2nd generation AirPods classic for a new pair of AirPods Pro.
This is because the Apple Trade In platform offers price quotes only for phones, tablets, computers, and watches. The platform accepts other electronic gadgets, including AirPods, for recycling.
Image credit: Apple